How to optimise your batteries
In winter, heated gloves are a real plus for bikers. Designed primarily as real winter gloves, our heated products incorporate additional electronic technology to provide an even higher level of thermal comfort.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your gloves for as long as possible:
- Pre-heat your gloves 5 minutes before you leave, to their maximum power. This way, by leaving with warm gloves, you will make the best use of their capacity to retain heat. In addition, this will avoid causing a temperature rise while riding in cool conditions that are hard on the batteries. With this good practice, you can maintain the temperature by setting the system to a lower power setting and, consequently, put less strain on the battery for a better range.
- Furygan Heat series models (Blizzard, Urban, Genesis, Jaya, Kevlar®…), communicate thanks to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). This technology allows, in particular, the operation of the 1-Click mode, allowing the control of both gloves with a single button for more safety while riding, as well as many other exclusive innovative features. Therefore, the permanent standby of the BLE leads to a very low energy consumption that can discharge the batteries. As an example, the batteries will go from 100 to 0% in 25 days if they are left connected to the gloves without turning them on. To counter this phenomenon, and save your batteries from recharging, make sure to disconnect the batteries from the gloves when they are not in use.
STORE YOUR BATTERIES WELL
In the off-season, proper storage of batteries is essential to prolong their life.
Here are a few tips that will help you get your batteries back in top shape for the winter season:
- Store batteries in a dry place, at a temperature between 0°C/32°F and 35°C/95°F.
- Do not store batteries connected under load.
- During storage periods, be sure to disconnect your batteries from the gloves.
- Prolonged periods of disuse will damage the longevity of the batteries. If you keep the batteries unused for more than two months, make sure that their charge level is between 50% and 75% before storing them. During this period, check the charge level of the batteries and, if necessary, perform a full load cycle.
While removable batteries are very versatile and convenient for everyday use, some more involved trips may require another source of energy for endless warmth.
All our Heat series gloves are compatible with Furygan 12V cables. By connecting them to the battery of your two wheels, then to your gloves, you will continuously supply them with energy, and access to an unlimited autonomy for your longest trips.