the right size
Choosing the right size and making sure that the vest is correctly adapted to your body is essential to ensure optimal functioning of your airbag.
The Furygan airbag vest must be worn and adjusted correctly, so that the protection zones are perfectly in place. However, it is possible that you may want to choose another size according to your preferences.
Shoulder length (cm)
How do I know if my jacket/suit is compatible?
Not resistant to abrasion, the Furygan airbag vest must be worn under a suit, a jacket or a motorcycle jacket to fulfill its role perfectly. Any doubt about the compatibility of your favourite jacket? All the answers are below.
In the case of racing suits, whether for amateur or professional use, you have to make sure that your product has been declared compatible by In&motion. This is the case for Furygan Full Ride and Overtake.
To check that your jacket is compatible with the airbag vest, you need to take measurements. You can check yourself the compatibility of your jacket by following the protocol below.
Step 1: User measurements without the vest
The following measurements should be taken without wearing the airbag vest :
- A Measure your chest circumference in cm.
- B Measure your waist circumference at the navel in cm.
- C Add these 2 measurements, then divide the result by 2. (ex: 100+90=190 and 190/2=95 cm)
- A While stretching the jacket until the elastic parts and fabrics are tight, measure the width of the jacket under the armpits in cm. (ex : 58 cm)
- B Similarly, while stretching the jacket, measure the width of the jacket at the navel in cm. (ex : 52 cm)
- C Add these 2 measurements. (ex: 58+52=110 cm)
AIRBAG AND backpack
The In&motion airbag system is compatible with a backpack. For this, it is important to respect the following conditions:
The total weight of the backpack must not exceed 8kg.
Never use the backpack straps if it is equipped with them (chest and abdomen).
- The shoulder straps must not interfere with the deployment of the airbag. When pulling the straps forward, there should be a distance of 10 cm between the straps and the front of the shoulder.
- The total weight of the bag should not exceed 8 kg.
- The use of straps to support the abdomen and chest is prohibited.
Position the backpack properly on the shoulders and back, and over a compatible motorcycle jacket.